Scotch talk

Louich

Popped in to grab some libations and seeing how I had some of the Ten year complements of Zedman and then Leatherman... I grab this last minute impulse buy seams legit at 40 a bottle

8542505695_0c20481383_z.jpg

$40 a bottle, wow!  Amazing.  Here in Ontario (was just at LCBO today, $69.00 a bottle, and $80 for the 10 year, both amazing though. 

Got some of this...

20130310_175839.jpg

I have got to get some of that Angels Envy!  I keep hearing good things about them.  Great looking bottle. 

After looking at this scotch for about a year, grabbed a bottle today.  Nice stuff, nothing like I've ever had before.  Not my favourite but great scotch.  It has a very difficult taste to figure out.  At the start, it taste similiar to Lagavulin then suddenly changes with a different sweet or something note.  So hard to pin down.  I'll keep having more until I figure it out. LOL. 

84fc0767-44fa-48fb-a332-dc33998e4d5d_zps

After looking at this scotch for about a year, grabbed a bottle today.  Nice stuff, nothing like I've ever had before.  Not my favourite but great scotch.  It has a very difficult taste to figure out.  At the start, it taste similiar to Lagavulin then suddenly changes with a different sweet or something note.  So hard to pin down.  I'll keep having more until I figure it out. LOL. 

84fc0767-44fa-48fb-a332-dc33998e4d5d_zps

I'm not an experienced scotch drinker by any means, but REASON brought a bottle of Oban over one day and I really liked it!!

Oban is more on the woody side of the classic malts series. A place to visit but you wont have fond memories (imo) about it. It's nice but if you like it try some cragganmore or dalwinnie Im sure you'll be pleased.

On the other side the distillers ed is something floors apart.

If you liked Oban, try Lagavulin 16 yr, or Laphroaig quarter cask, or 10 year.. you won't believe what is going on in your mouth. LOL. Amazing taste. 

I have heard the lagavulin 16 is great, Zedman brought me a bottle of laphroaig 10 year the first time we herfed and yeah it is really nice!!

Oban is more on the woody side of the classic malts series. A place to visit but you wont have fond memories (imo) about it. It's nice but if you like it try some cragganmore or dalwinnie Im sure you'll be pleased.

On the other side the distillers ed is something floors apart.

Dalwinnie is one of my fav's also.  I went through a time of buying that stuff constantly.  Good stuff.  

I have heard the lagavulin 16 is great, Zedman brought me a bottle of laphroaig 10 year the first time we herfed and yeah it is really nice!!

I thought I brought a bottle of Lagavulin 16yr over . huh next time I will bring it so you can try it

We dont drink full bottles in the 2-3 hours for a sunday herf. the idea of keeping the cork and rating is good but I (so far) have a good idea on the scotches  I like. Im usually a creature of habit so when I find one I like I keep it in reg rotation.

Then we are pretty much alike

most of the time it the people with whom I am usually drinkung the stuff that find it pleasing to be consulted on what rate they would put on.

Now stacking some bruichladdich (the rare ones I can find) until I stumble on a talisker 18 stash! Lol

I just wish they would bring back the 10 yr old and the octomore (never tasted but am on the hunt for a while now).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well this is going slow...

Tried a Oban distillers edition. Wow ! Nothing compared the the regular 14 yr. A real burst of delicious flavors and keep in mind Im a Islay lover.

They reallg outdid themselves with the product IMO.