What are you smoking right now?

John

Thought I would take a break from working today and enjoy a cigar. Decided to try this San Cristobal. Had to use the PerfecDraw right out the gates. Then it wanted to burn right up the vein. Instead of touching it up for the third time I just pitched it. Did not want to spend my Sunday afternoon letting this cigar frustrate me any further. 

I got the last laugh in the end; it loses. 

IMG_20190407_142628232.jpg

IMG_20190407_145020801.jpg

Not knowing what to try after the last attempt I decided to try this Guantanamera that was given to me by a client. This is my first time seeing and trying this stick so I know nothing about it. 

Based on the ash it does not appear to be a high quality long filler. It does burn even and the draw is perfect. It is mild with no complexity at all. Not the best cigar I have ever had but for sure far from the worst. I assume not a pricy stick. If cheap enough I would consider having them around when doing the yard work or for my drunk non cigar smoking friends to stay away from my better sticks. 

Half way done now and my opinion has not changed. 

I would be curious of the cost if anyone knows. He said it is cuban but it does not appear on the YUL list. It came in a plastic tube with a white cap.

May google it later. 

IMG_20190407_145719384.jpg

31 minutes ago, Alki said:

Not knowing what to try after the last attempt I decided to try this Guantanamera that was given to me by a client. This is my first time seeing and trying this stick so I know nothing about it. 

Based on the ash it does not appear to be a high quality long filler. It does burn even and the draw is perfect. It is mild with no complexity at all. Not the best cigar I have ever had but for sure far from the worst. I assume not a pricy stick. If cheap enough I would consider having them around when doing the yard work or for my drunk non cigar smoking friends to stay away from my better sticks. 

I would be curious of the cost if anyone knows. He said it is cuban but it does not appear on the YUL list. It came in a plastic tube with a white cap.

May google it later. 

There are some much better cheap sticks to keep around @Alki he is correct technically it does come from Cuba, but as you were quick to point out there is not nuch going on with it. 

Some great cheap Cubans like Por Larranaga Panteras or Partigas Shorts are nice to keep around for when friends pop by. 

1 hour ago, Alki said:

May google it later. 

Hey @Alki, I have only had 3 maybe 4 of the crystalis in the plastic tubos. Meh at best. Makes them about $5.50 here in Ontario the province fun forgot. For near the same money the Quintero Brevas, Por Lorranaga panetela offer, imho, tremendous value. As well as the NC punch London club maduros. Darts you don't mind sharing and I certainly enjoy smoking. So far no complete duds either.  The patigas puritos are a treat as well for a 20 minute puff

20190331_162648.jpg

2 hours ago, Alki said:

May google it later. 

These are machine made and not worth the time IMO.