What's your latest pipe purchase

John

• 2 weeks later...

After doing some online research and finding a bunch of glowing reviews I decided to pull the trigger on these 2 Mr Brog pipes....both made from Pear Wood. Available on Ebay and Amazon each pipe cost me $30cdn including shipping from Poland where they are machine made and hand finished. Anybody have experience with Mr Brog please feel free to give me your thoughts. If anyone is interested in knowing more here is a helpful link: http://mrbrog.com

They also make pipes from Briar, Bog Oak, Olive, Acacia, among others.

post-1244-0-13400900-1424362132_thumb.jp

post-1244-0-80733200-1424362141_thumb.jp

http://canadacigarforum.com/forumv2/index.php?

After doing some online research and finding a bunch of glowing reviews I decided to pull the trigger on these 2 Mr Brog pipes....both made from Pear Wood. Available on Ebay and Amazon each pipe cost me $30cdn including shipping from Poland where they are machine made and hand finished. Anybody have experience with Mr Brog please feel free to give me your thoughts. If anyone is interested in knowing more here is a helpful link: http://mrbrog.com

They also make pipes from Briar, Bog Oak, Olive, Acacia, among others.

$30 including shipping is a wicked deal! Love the sandblasted (bent apple?) Let us know how they smoke.

Received my first commissioned pipe ever. Connected with an indie pipe carver out of Manitoba. He made it to my specs including a bone colored stem and a plateau top. Very excited to smoke this.

Check out his work on Instagram. (Theprariepiper)

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1424846890.621345.jpg

Beautiful pipe my brother...if u don't mind me asking how much did it cost?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any headway on these?

I don't know, what's a head weigh? :D

After doing a near perfect job lining up and drilling the holes I proceeded to turn it into a pipe turd. I got on the belt sander that had too aggressive of a grit and kept trying to even up the sides until there wasn't much left of it. The 2 lessons I learned was I shouldn't have taken any material off with the band saw and I should have used a finer grit on the sander. I've been procrastinating on attempting another.

i think im picking up a belt sander for this as well... what grit were you using?

I have to admit I don't know what grit it was, 120 I think. I recently joined a woodworking club and after my orientation I just jumped in and started working on my pipe. Unfortunately the volunteer that was there didn't really know much about the sanders or where extra belts and discs were stored. Next time I go back I'll spend a little more time checking things out. Also they have 2 regular lathes and a pen lathe which I hope to get some help with from someone that knows how to use them.

• 3 weeks later...