Hoyo de Monterrey Edicion Limitada 2007

Carosem

post-1376-0-81880800-1460780485.jpg

Pre-Light:

Earthy and Sweet. Wrapper is salty to taste and leaves a lingering spice on the tongue. The pre-light draw continues the salt and pepper with a hint of plum.

First Impressions:

A light and floral retrohale. Medium pepper finish. Draw is a little tight for my taste but smoke output is nice.

First third:

Creamy mouth feel. Tobacco and a slight sweetness on the tongue. Mushroom or mellow earthiness are the predominant flavors here and a short finish.

The retrohale provides a cedar and a slight plum finish.

The burn is razor sharp and the ash is a dark grey and nearly completely uniform in appearance. At the end of this third, the ash still hold on great and doesn't fall even after a crisp tap.

Sweet aroma off the foot. Hoyo's for me have some of the best aroma found in cigars. This one makes me want to eat it!

Second third:

Aroma has evolved into a nuttier smell. It retains that sweetness but is no longer as prevalent.

Retrohale begins with floral notes but follows through to rich, dark wildberry flavors. As the second third progresses, the berry notes fall off and the floral notes take center stage again.

A hint of licorice on the tongue after a dominant but not overpowering tobacco. A hint leather is also present throughout.

A light spice on the finish followed by a light coffee roast as the cigar progresses through the second third.

The ash has begun a tremor of a wave but in all honestly this is me nitpicking as it would be considered razor sharp by almost everyone elses standards.

At the halfway point the ash finally falls off.

The last notes here are of rich ripe fruit on the retrohale.

Side note:

Cuban Crafters Perfect Cut comes highly recommended; lifetine warranty and just a joy to use!

post-1376-0-34873700-1460781645_thumb.jp

Final third:

Draw has not been an issue throughout! Cigar has also kept cool throughout.

Licorice has fallen off but a light tobacco flavor has maintained its appearance through the cigar alongside a mild leather.

The rich retrohale persists.

No more pepper on the finish but as I near the end of the cigar a slight metal tang makes its appearance.

A constant sweet and saltiness is present on the lips. Quite pleasant.

The aroma reminds me of amaretto cookies but not exactly. It's hard to explain as there is no single defining scent that I can pinpoint that points me to this comparisson.

The smoke output has remained thick and pleasurable.

The final inch and a half has begun to heat up. Otherwise this cigar was a pure joy to smoke. I recommend this as a morning or light leisure smoke. It's light enough that one could, in theory, smoke all day and after trying this one I would not mind doing that!

My final score: 9/10

Side note:

I would have posted more pictures but alas my phone exploded :(

Very nice review. [emoji106]

Too bad about the exploding phone though.

I was eyeballing these at the local B&M yesterday but passed on them. Perhaps I should grab a couple next time I'm there.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Worth the try! I found these guys to be great :)

Your phone exploded? Now THAT I would like to see. :lol:

Haha ya I tried to take a picture and from like 60% battery life it just shut off. Then I turned it on and tried again and from 52% battery life it just shut off. Next time I opened it, my phone had dropped down to 3% battery life  :wacko:

I was tempted to actualy blow it up after that  :lol: