New cigar prices in Cuba

mcicvara

On 12/1/2021 at 1:03 PM, mcicvara said:

Any reports of the situation?

I'm going to Cayo Coco on Dec 9 and wondering what to expect. Especially after heard some rumors that they increased the prices recently.

@Zedman05 was just down there, 

Not sure stick situation, but currency is a pain. I've read a few places if you can bring euros, it's the best rate.!! ( if you know people.!!.) Official rate 19 cup per Can $$. , underground rate on euro is 85 cup per euro.!! , better than the greenback now.?

You'll need your card for lcdh purchases unfortunately. No cash...,

Hope you can get there before their next lockdown..

Cheers amigo.!

10 hours ago, cigar_puffer said:

I went to that shop in La Gaviota a few years back.  The cigars did not seem to be legitimate.  I ended up buying nothing from them.  There is a true LCDH at the Colonial Resort.  That is where a bought all my cigars.

Colonial is closed. I was told that they moved Colonial stock to Pulman. Can't go there, not sure if they will let me in and shop.

On 12/12/2021 at 9:24 AM, mcicvara said:

Went to plaza Gaviota, mostly new 2021 stock, limited selection, prices mostly 10% above YUL. Lady says 'new prices'.

But, found P2 for $10.25, which is exact YUL price. 

No torcedor on site today, my luck.

20211212_113010.jpg

20211212_113044.jpg

Monte opens and Guats are always in stock...lol 

Looks like pretty slim pickings, sadly...

Do you remember which Uppman LCDH release  that is in the upper right.? 

Cheers.!

And finally, airport cigar shop. Had only 10 minutes to check it and already had maxed out my limit, so just snapped couple of pics. Much better stock selection than the other 2 stores. And they had Partagas Maduro #3 I was chasing all week. Some prices are close (Petit Churchill) and some 10% above (Partagas Maduro #3) YUL prices, go figure.

The lady was screaming: "no pictures, no pictures ..."  so 1 pic is blurry.

20211216_214236.jpg

20211216_214247.jpg

In Varadero I find that only the LCDH shops are selling at the right price. That’s Plaza America and calle 31. Tomorrow’s I’ll get to the LCDH on calle 64.

The other shops - calle 27 & 39, not proper LCDH but La Casa del Tabaco / Caracol - seems to have a free hand in setting the prices. Anywhere from 5% to 10% above YUL , completely inconsistent. I paid $115 for Punch la Isla at LCDH (lots of boxes to choose from) after I walked away from boxes at $120 at one shop and $125 at another only a few streets away. Never had an issue at these shops until this year. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just got some from one of my neighbours. He went to Melia Cayo Coco which is right next to Hotel Pullman Cayo Coco. He got all of the cigars in the picture from there and payed $2.25 less than yul pricing.

YUL pricing
Montecristo no.2 x 15 -  188.25
Short Churchills x 10 - 86.50
Royal Robustos x 10 - 90.50

Royal Coronas x 5 - 42.25

Lusitanias x 10 - 141.00

total is 548.50 usd

total of the bill was 546.25 usd

Thats the receipt that he brought back. So i think if you are going to Cayo Coco. Thats a really good place to go. Also there was no taxes or extra % added for credit card or usd. Hopefully this helps

46D7379A-916A-44A6-8A3A-1644C54679C0.jpeg

image.jpg