CCF BOX PASS 2017

Fatso

What is a box pass?

A box pass is when one member lists and packs several cigars and sends the box from one participating member to the next. Eventually the box returns to the original starter of the pass. At each stop, participating members are able to pick cigars out of the box's current contents and replace the picked cigars with cigars of equal or greater value. A quick turnaround is necessary as these cigars will be out of humidor for several weeks or even a few months so they need to move quickly. This is an excellent opportunity to try a cigar that you havent had a chance to grab. 

Who can take part in the pass?

Any CCF member with at least 100 posts, 1 year of membership AND 5 positive feedback can take part. To everybody else, please understand that there can be several hundred/thousand of dollars in cigar value being passed and trust is earned, not granted. Nothing personal.

Two exceptions. If a member with the above qualifications vouches for somebody with less than required, then the voucher will take full responsibility for any "mishap" on the part of the novice CCF member. As the originator of the pass, and seeing as how I am the one taking all the risk, I will be able to grant participation to any member I so choose.

Every member who receives the box has 48 hours to pass it to the next person. Failure to do so will result in a one cigar penalty for each subsequent 24 hours. Of course in case of emergency or other extraordinary circumstances, penalty *may be waived. Communication is essential. If for some reason you cannot pass the box in time, it takes 15 seconds to send me or the next person in line a note explaining why, and when you will be able to.

The order of passes will be determined by location of participants by me. If there are 4 members in Toronto and 3 in Vancouver but only 1 in Calgary, the pass will stay in the respective city until all members have had an opportunity at it within the pre-set order.

How do I ship the cigars?

If you live in the vicinity of the next person on the pass list, it would be much better to meet in person if possible. If not, then tracking is a must, as is insurance. Insurance amount will be determined at start of pass. Tracking numbers are NOT to be published on the forum in public. They are to be sent to the next person on the list as well as myself in PM (private message). Every participant will need to send me their shipping address PRIOR to start of pass. I will give the address to the member who needs it. I will also ensure that the receiving member is ready to accept the package. I will send a PM to receiving member and if I don't hear back in a reasonable amount of time (48-72 hours) then that person will be skipped in the list.

Prior to starting the pass, I will name two participants who will act as "judges" along with myself, on all matters related to the pass (penalties, problems and issues...). These judges will be able to veto any trade proposal they deem unfair. I will have sole discretion however to overule them only on matters of trade value. For instance, if there is a Cohiba Esplendido in the box, and the proposal is to put a Bolivar Petit Corona for the Cohiba, chances are the judges will veto it, but I will have veto power to allow it if I choose (Little chance of that though! LOL)

How do the trades work?

Trades will be one for one unless approved by the three judges. Example: Take PSD4. Put Hoyo Epi 2.  = all good once I agree or both other judges agree.

Take Cohiba BHK 52. Put 2x H.Upmann Sir Winston = not allowed, unless I accept. (Chances are I would)

Take Partagas Lusitanias. Put 2x Partagas Shorts = not allowed. Don't bother asking.

There will be a mix of regular production, limited editions, aged and regional editions. Please try to trade same for same, although exception can be granted.

All trade proposals MUST be listed in this thread for all to see. Possessor of box MUST wait for approval before packing and shipping to next person on the list.

If you see the box is banged up, change it. If it needs new bubble wrap, replace it. If cigars seem a touch dry, toss in a humidipack (I will reimburse if need be), If ziplock or five finger bag is tearing, put cigars in a new one! Take care of the cigars please. Nothing worse than getting 20 cigars with cracked feet and flaking wrappers back.

What if I don't agree or like the rules?

Feel free to voice your opinions and concerns in public in this thread, but at the end of the day, it's my party, and I will only start the pass with my rules. That being said, I'm not a pass "expert" so I can certainly amend "my rules" to suit the desires or needs of the community.

So....lets start by figuring out who wants in! Post in the thread to request participation and please list city and province you are in. Lets do it!

If you are waiting to see a list of cigars, I will have it later tonight or sometime over the weekend.

If I forgot something, please let me know!

I would like to join in but it sounds like a lot of high ticket sticks and that's something that I don't really have many of to trade. Most of my humi is stocked with recreational sticks.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Nick_O said:

I would like to join in but it sounds like a lot of high ticket sticks and that's something that I don't really have many of to trade. Most of my humi is stocked with recreational sticks.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Not at all. There will be a mix of everything.

Starting list of cigars:

Bolivar Royal Corona

Bolivar Belicoso Fino

H. Upmann Royal Robusto (LCDH 2012)

H. Upmann Connoiseur A

H. Upmann Noella (LCDH 2014)

H. Upmann Half Corona

H. Upmann #2

Montecristo #2

Montecristo Double Edmundo

Montecristo No. 4

Montecristo 520 (EL 2012)

Partagas Series P No. 2

Partagas Shorts

Ramon Allones Specially Selected

Romeo Y Julieta Short Churchill

Ramon Allones Club Allones (EL 2015)

Ramon Allones Superiores (LCDH 2014)

Vegas Robaina Petit Robaina (RE Canada 2009)

San Cristobal de la Habana El Principe

El Rey Del Mundo Choix Supreme

El Rey Del Mundo Infantes (RE Cuba 2013)

El Rey Del Mundo Petit Comania (RE France 2009)

Cohiba BHK 52 (2010 release)

Cohiba 1966 (EL 2011)

Cuaba Salomones

Cuaba Distinguidos

Hoyo de Monterrey Le Serie Le Hoyo

Rough list off the top of my head. There may be some changes when final list is up.

Come on gents, lets get this rolling!

Box passes have been tough, people have been burned, I was and it wasn't by a newcomer either. i think people are scared. But at the same time hey, I don't harbour a grudge, life happens and it's only cigars.keep trying something will happen!