Television and Internet Home Service

Carosem

Hey guys! I was just wondering who you all are with and what your TV and Internet home service is costing you. I'm tired of getting scammed by bell. When I initially signed my contract I was paying 110.00$ a month for Basic Tv + 15 channels and Fibe 100 internet. Now my bill is 170.00$ + and they promised to freeze my rate for 2 years upon signing. Now I see that Bell has a new service; same tv plan but 1Gbps internet which is FAR superior to my 100 mbps internet for a 1 year fixed rate of 99.90 a month. How do you guys negotiate your services and who are you with? I'd also be interested to know about your cell phone providers and bills as mine are coming up soon and I will be looking to get the best deal possible for that as well.

I have an Android box set up with Kodii but the wife wants her live tv so got to pick and choose my battles. Got Bell to give me a 55$ credit for next month and lower my bill to 125.00$ a month. Still too much $$ for such a basic service.

13 hours ago, Yukon Jack said:

I need to do this myself PFQ. Any recommendations on a good Android Box.

https://m.newegg.ca/products/9SIAH9M8X10264?ignorebbr=true&source=googleshopping&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsCAMKPL-Mobile&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsCAMKPL-Mobile-_-pla-GO2PLAY-_-Digital+Set-Top+Boxes-_-9SIAH9M8X10264&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1pblBRDSARIsACfUG115bFdbXRHvp98fl3wjwCp9beDxnHw9cBbFIsFOaV5pyYry53j1FdwaAty9EALw_wcB

I've got 2 of this one I got them based on a reccomendation from a co-Worker.  Hasn't let me down yet.   

11 hours ago, ToothlessCog said:

+2. I need to figure out how to set mine up. 

I could help you with that probably it's not very easy

10 hours ago, Carosem said:

I have an Android box set up with Kodii but the wife wants her live tv so got to pick and choose my battles. Got Bell to give me a 55$ credit for next month and lower my bill to 125.00$ a month. Still too much $$ for such a basic service.

You can get live tv easily, kodi has kind of gone out of favour in place of apk apps. Much faster than kodi, kodi has its uses but I rarely use it now.

Everything is done with this filelinked program now it's extremely easy, I have worldwide tv, movies and TV show on demand, I use the Internet browser to stream ppv and NHL/NFL through reddit.   The only thing that box doesn't support is Netflix unless you have a mouse and keyboard but I'm getting everything for free that American Netflix has.   It's best for movies and TV on demand. I've got NHL and ppv figured out to stream in hd where you can't tell the difference between paying for it and watching it free.   It supports kodi also.  It's not perfect for live tv but it can work good, but my wife and I found everything we were watching on TV was pre recorded shows.  Now we don't have to record them anymore as it's on demand plus commercial free.  Pretty much every show is available the next day after it airs.  Also pretty much every box is programmed the same just the specs are what's important, it's basically a high speed computer so if you have an old box it's speed and ram might not be fast enough

8 hours ago, Andy said:

Everything is done with this filelinked program now it's extremely easy, I have worldwide tv, movies and TV show on demand, I use the Internet browser to stream ppv and NHL/NFL through reddit.   The only thing that box doesn't support is Netflix unless you have a mouse and keyboard but I'm getting everything for free that American Netflix has.   It's best for movies and TV on demand. I've got NHL and ppv figured out to stream in hd where you can't tell the difference between paying for it and watching it free.   It supports kodi also.  It's not perfect for live tv but it can work good, but my wife and I found everything we were watching on TV was pre recorded shows.  Now we don't have to record them anymore as it's on demand plus commercial free.  Pretty much every show is available the next day after it airs.  Also pretty much every box is programmed the same just the specs are what's important, it's basically a high speed computer so if you have an old box it's speed and ram might not be fast enough

How often have you had to update it, if at all.

6 hours ago, Yukon Jack said:

How often have you had to update it, if at all.

Most of the updates are automatic.  Once you have filelinked it's just a matter of getting store codes which I have a bunch.  Filelinked is basically click and press install

FWIW I switched my TV package at rogers for their new "ignite".  My internet is now faster than fast, its all wireless (put the damn tv wherever you want!), you can download movies, watch from your tablet - {sounds like a summer on the deck thing}

and I save $100 a month.

4 hours ago, GrouchoMarx said:

FWIW I switched my TV package at rogers for their new "ignite".  My internet is now faster than fast, its all wireless (put the damn tv wherever you want!), you can download movies, watch from your tablet - {sounds like a summer on the deck thing}

and I save $100 a month.

Sounds good but Rodgers is not available in my area. I think I’m going down the Android Box road with my Directv as a back up.