A pipe for cold weather.

Christopher Lunting

I am looking for suggestions for a cold weather pipe.  I like to walk as much as I can.  And what better reason to enjoy a pipe along the way? 

I question is what pipe should I take with me when it's like negative cold outside? Just a simple cob or would something like a Brigham hold up? 

Any suggestions for a cold weather blend would also be appreciated!

Thank you all in advance. 

On 1/12/2022 at 3:59 AM, Christopher Lunting said:

I am looking for suggestions for a cold weather pipe.  I like to walk as much as I can.  And what better reason to enjoy a pipe along the way? 

I question is what pipe should I take with me when it's like negative cold outside? Just a simple cob or would something like a Brigham hold up? 

Any suggestions for a cold weather blend would also be appreciated!

Thank you all in advance. 

Hi... my two cents is that you can't beat a cobb for harsh conditions.  That said, I've smoked briar down to -20 C (and possibly colder) without any negative effects to the pipe.  For lunting, I'd go for a lighter pipe... again, a cobb fits the bill.  And a wind cap is a good addition, especially if it is gusty.  As for a blend... I like a heavier blend when outside in the cold - Quiet Nights, Dunhill/Peterson 965, Bengal Slices all work for me!

If/when you go... take a pic or two along the way and share!  Happy lunting!!