Trying to hunt down some blends

Glamdring

Seems wherever I go, shops play it very safe in Ontario when it comes to selection. I've been trying to find any place that sells blends made with cigar leaf. At first, I was aiming for C&D's Chopped Cigar Leaf, but at this point, I'm desperate enough to try any brand.

I'm also after Seattle's Plum Pudding, and Sutliff Creme Brulee.

Can anyone recommend a B&M in Ontario or Quebec where I can perhaps find some of these?

19 hours ago, Glamdring said:

Seems wherever I go, shops play it very safe in Ontario when it comes to selection. I've been trying to find any place that sells blends made with cigar leaf. At first, I was aiming for C&D's Chopped Cigar Leaf, but at this point, I'm desperate enough to try any brand.

I'm also after Seattle's Plum Pudding, and Sutliff Creme Brulee.

Can anyone recommend a B&M in Ontario or Quebec where I can perhaps find some of these?

Chopped cigar leaf is a blending tobacco.  Usually blending tobacco isn't very good on its own as it's made to use in a blend, and chopped cigar leaf by C&D is just cigar wrapper.   I've smoked a few cigar blends and none of them come very close to a cigar taste in a pipe.   There is habana daydream by C&D, but it's more a Virginia forward blend, there's C&D Billy bud which is a pretty stout blend that has maduro wrapper in it.   Then there's GL Pease robusto, but I've never tried it.   Your best bet is ordering pipe tobacco from the U.S.  Even with customs duty tax it's still cheaper than buying at a B&M, and it's hard to support a B&M if they don't cater to your needs. Pipe smokers are a dying breed.  I'll shoot you a private message of some places that ship to Canada as it's against the rules to openly talk about sources.   Ontario has pretty reasonable duty from what I've seen compared to other places.

• 2 months later...

Good luck in your search, Glamdring!  I believe that @Andy has the right of it.  In Alberta our B+M prices are about $10/tin on average more expensive than what you pay in Ontario...  not sure if that is a result of our provincial tax or the fact that pipe tobacco is a "specialty item" and is marked up as such.  Sometimes, though, there is a good find to be had if you hit the right B+M on the right day.