Hello there.

canadianriverangler

Been lurking this forum for a little bit now. Lots of awesome photos of very impressive stocked humidors.

I have been in this hobby for a while on and off nothing too serious. Mostly just smoke when I'm out fly fishing or being social. But I recently started taking more of a shine to it over the past month. I just picked up a cabinet I want to turn into a humidor. It's made of cedar and has wooden/glass doors. Just going about how I could find some Spanish cedar to line the inside of the cabinet. But that's homework I'll have to do as for now I got a tupperdore to store what I have.

And as I mentioned when I'm not working on diesel trucks I am fly fishing. Not sure how many people here do that but would be cool to meet some new faces and talk fishing.

Feel free to check out my website here it has a TON of fly fishing related info mostly from Southern Ontario where I live.

www.canadianriverangler.ca

Regards,

Eric

45 minutes ago, canadianriverangler said:

Where do you live man? It's all I do when I'm not working haha.

I live on the west coast in the Lower Mainland.  I lived much of my life in the Sunny Okanagan of BC an spent many a day fly fishing on the lakes around there.  I have done some fly fishing in the lakes in the Lower Mainland, and dabbled in the Fraser and Vedder rivers near Chilliwack and the Alouette river near my home but unfortunately not very much River fishing.  It's something I would love to do more of.  

Checked out your website.  Some good info there...  too bad your youtube channel only has a four videos and 3 of them are not fly fishing.  Sounds like when you are working - you sort of are fishing too?  :D

Cheers

Must be nice to live out there. It's on my bucket list to fish out there at some point. Skenna system is what I want to fish.

So you used mostly two handers fishing those rivers? The Fraiser is mostly known for Sturgeon fishing no?

And I know I have been lazy making videos i have tons of footage but I hate editing them.

Man when I'm not working I'm fishing.

I live on the west coast in the Lower Mainland.  I lived much of my life in the Sunny Okanagan of BC an spent many a day fly fishing on the lakes around there.  I have done some fly fishing in the lakes in the Lower Mainland, and dabbled in the Fraser and Vedder rivers near Chilliwack and the Alouette river near my home but unfortunately not very much River fishing.  It's something I would love to do more of.  
Checked out your website.  Some good info there...  too bad your youtube channel only has a four videos and 3 of them are not fly fishing.  Sounds like when you are working - you sort of are fishing too?  [emoji3]
Cheers

4 hours ago, canadianriverangler said:

Must be nice to live out there. It's on my bucket list to fish out there at some point. Skenna system is what I want to fish.

So you used mostly two handers fishing those rivers? The Fraiser is mostly known for Sturgeon fishing no?

And I know I have been lazy making videos i have tons of footage but I hate editing them.

Man when I'm not working I'm fishing.

The Fraser is known for Sturgeon, but that is a specialty fishery (special regulations) and not by any means the main fishery.   There are many runs of Salmon and Steelhead and other species in the Fraser and it's many inflow rivers and streams.   In many areas you can use a fly rod and it does not necessarily need to be a heavy weight.  The leader is important...   

I don't want to take over your introduction thread, but here are a few picks of the Fraser near Chilliwack where my son and I are fishing with friends over a couple of days about five years ago.  I was using a 8 weight rod and there is nothing like fighting a Salmon on a the fly.   That last one was a nice Steelhead caught by my son... 

And...  we decided to try a Sturgeon Fishing trip last summer...  my parents, my son and I had a great day of fishing.  We had a guide and it did not involve fly fishing, but we each landed two over six hours.  I threw in one last pic of my son and I holding onto my final catch - the biggest of the day, I might add...  a 6.5 foot monster weighing in at approximately 140lb.   Ahhh, Yes!  This is much better than working...

Fraser Fishing 1a.jpg

Brandons 1st Salmon _ 1.jpg

Brandons 1st Salmon _ 2.JPG

IMG_0120.JPG

IMG_0133.JPG

Neils Sturgeon.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...