Post ur Humidor pics!!

Blackz32tt

20 hours ago, SmokenWhisky said:

Nice

One question though. How will you regulate temperatures during summer?. Its October and your stat reads 22c. The issue I have is keeping my humidor below 23c in the summer. I have an a/c unit that I run when home during the day but when away for a week or weekend during some hot summer days I've hit 27c. 

How bad is the heat for cigars? According to google the average high temp in Cuba is 27 and the average low is 21. I don't understand why heat is such a big deal as long as the humidity is in a good range. 

I heat in the winter and cool in the summer.  My indoor range is probably 20-23 I would guess.  It would be better if I had them in a low point in my home so the temp didn't fluctuate much but I like having them in my office.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up a $10 working 6bottle for the bar top. Typically house temps are fine for my desktop, but assuming summer gets here, it can get warm. Just working of stability and this may become my new desk top, where I keep my "now smoking" handy list. Right now it's loaded with good cigar boxes and such that should work, and I may pick up some small sc trays at some point, we'll see how it goes, right now it cools down to 62-63 on highest temp setting so may have to wait till warmer temps to see if I can stabilize at a slightly warmer temp. The seal is good and when unplugged it holds at 69f  and 68% empty sooooo. 

20190514_165018.jpg

• 2 months later...

Finally posted a thread of my Humidor customization.  Here it is today.  Link below to the thread if interested in what I did.  10 shelves, 24 cedar trays, Hydra humidification with modifications of air circulation and lights.

http://canadacigarforum.com/forumv2/index.php?/topic/6344-humidor-customization/

IMG_0702.JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

1 hour ago, Toolguy said:

Finally posted a thread of my Humidor customization.  Here it is today.  Link below to the thread if interested in what I did.  10 shelves, 24 cedar trays, Hydra humidification with modifications of air circulation and lights.

http://canadacigarforum.com/forumv2/index.php?/topic/6344-humidor-customization/

IMG_0702.JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

Nice to see you have found some Cubans you like. A little jelous of your Drew Estate collection there brother!! Beautiful work. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2019 at 4:28 PM, Toolguy said:

IMG_0702.JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

Wow! Outstanding!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I bought this unit from a friend about a year ago. I did a few modifications to it. 

• Added two 80CFM fans up top to circulate the air. I have another two, I might install at the bottom.
  • Added rubber seal around the door frame.
  • Added 3 latch locks to make the door close a lot tighter.  The key latch lock leaves too much wiggle room for the door. (The gold hardware on the right hand side of the door)
  • Installed programmable Power strip. (not seen).  With the phone app I can program each socket to turn on/off when needed. The Cigar Oasis runs 12AM - 6AM. The fans run from 3PM to 9PM.  It allows me to use power when it's cheaper and I've found this schedule keeps RH levels top to bottom nicely.  There is still a small escape path for humidity where the wires exit from the back, which I will seal a lot better soon.

Full View

CabinetHumidor-sm000.thumb.jpg.a3149ae414e2aed3537e68a3a03d2973.jpg

Top View

CabinetHumidor-sm001.thumb.jpg.c0fadf30eb3a3588cf83cfb8c664d000.jpg

Bottom View

CabinetHumidor-sm002.thumb.jpg.d40e58e9b66e2a9398e6608458b093fb.jpg

On 9/25/2019 at 1:32 PM, bundwallah said:

I bought this unit from a friend about a year ago. I did a few modifications to it. 

• Added two 80CFM fans up top to circulate the air. I have another two, I might install at the bottom.
  • Added 3 latch locks to make the door close a lot tighter.  The key latch lock leaves too much wiggle room for the door. (The gold hardware on the right hand side of the door)
  • Installed programmable Power strip. (not seen).  With the phone app I can program each socket to turn on/off when needed. The Cigar Oasis runs 12AM - 6AM. The fans run from 3PM to 9PM.  It allows me to use power when it's cheaper and I've found this schedule keeps RH levels top to bottom nicely.  There is still a small escape path for humidity where the wires exit from the back, which I will seal a lot better soon.

Full View

Top View

Bottom View

you've got wayyyyy too much bull sealed here ;) gotta start smoking or sending it my way :D

On 9/25/2019 at 1:32 PM, bundwallah said:

Full View

Top View

Bottom View

Beauty!

• 4 weeks later...

Was doing a bit of a tidy up and inventory, so this was the first time in ages I had all the coolers out.

The coolers are all boxes of Cubans at 65% except for one of the stackers and the large red cooler which are NC singles and boxes respectively. The wineadors are mostly Cuban singles and tubos and the jars are full of NC long and skinnies. It pains me to add that as much as I find the coolers butt ugly, they work a charm.

IMG_1343.thumb.jpg.7f15ab9d3647420d159ed1ab0db46f87.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

• 1 month later...