Cubans in Vegas?

Siglo

I believe you can 

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/82/~/importing%2Fbring-cuban-cigars-to-the-u.s.-for-personal-use. 

I have brought cubas to the US BUT have not been specifically asked if I had any cigars at the boarder, so I never knew the result if it was legal or not.   I don't see it being any issue if you bring it for personal use and not for the purpose of selling.   I have used other cigar bands to cover the existing ones in the past just in case but I don't feel that is necessary anymore. 

16 minutes ago, Siglo said:

Hey Y'all,

I have read that cuban cigars are allowed to be brought in to the USA now, has anyone done it yet?  

WHen I flew to ft. Lauderdale for my cruise - I was asked at customs if I had tobacco. I said yes, about 25 cigars. The officer looked at me and asked if I was selling (LOL) I had to explain it was a 12 day cruise, and I'm usually a 2 cigar / day guy. THEN asked what kind - so I rhymed off the VITOLAS  - "I got some coronaa, lonsdales,, robustos..." and off I went with no problems.

Hey - I didn;'t lie.

I travel to the US 3-4 times a year and always take cigars with me, but I remove the bands before I leave.  That way, I avoid any issues in case they want to inspect them.  Learned that trick during a trip many years ago when customs asked if my cigars were Cuban.  I said "yes but I can make them non-Cuban very quickly".  The agent knew exactly what I meant so he took my cigars, removed the bands and threw them in the garbage, and passed me back the cigars, and said "have a nice trip sir".  

• 5 weeks later...

@Siglo this may be a little late for you but will for sure answer your question. After reading the new rules I wanted an official email to have in my posession when I travel to the USA. I sent the following email to U.S. Customs and Boarder Protection (CBP) on March 19, 2018:

Good Day

I am a Canadian citizen and a frequent traveler to the USA. As I am a cigar smoker I do travel with a humidor. Can you please let me know if I can bring Cuban cigars when I travel to the USA? These cigars will be for my personal use and enjoyment while visiting the USA. 

Thank you and have a great day. 

CBP sent the following response on March 20, 2019:

Thank you for contacting the U.S. Customs and Border Protection's (CBP) Information Center.

Yes, you can bring Cuban cigars to the U.S. However, you can only bring $100 worth of Cuban Cigars into the U.S.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please reply to this incident.

Thank you again for contacting  CBP’s Information Center.

Contact us at: 1-877-227-5511 Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST), excluding federal holidays.

This was the answer that was expected as I researched the new rules prior to sending the query. The email matches the information in the link posted by @quickme, but gets right to the point. This email is in my possession when ever I cross the boarder as some of the agents may not be totally up to speed with the new rules. 

If you would like a copy of the official email I would be willing to share if you send me your email address. 

Have a nice trip.