Calgary Folk...a visit from Hammer Steve

Hammer Smokin'

Hello all,

I will be attending a conference in Calgary May 8th and 9th. Flying in on the 7th and out on the 10th. I'm basically free the entire day on the 7th, and the evenings of the 8th and 9th. (should be at least).

Anyone want to get together for a cigar, that would be great! I'm staying at the Delta Hotel near BMO conference centre? I believe it's near the river. Hoping for nice weather.....

Let me know fellow brothers.

Cheers,

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone suggest a mid to high end (but not super high end / ridiculously expensive) steakhouse for a nice dinner while in Calgary?
Thanks!
Even though I'm not from Calgary, I have dined at Vintage Chophouse for steaks. The food was delicious and very reasonable.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

There's some epic pubs there with the biggest selection of beers on tap I've ever seen.  I remember one we were at it was happy hour and 5$ for any beer.  There was probably 30 or so to choose from then I'm pretty sure there's one with around 100.   Can't remember the names I just know they were downtown

• 2 weeks later...

For places around downtown I recommend Hy's, Caesar's, Ruth's Steakhouse,  Vintage Chophouse and Saltlik.  The manager at Saltlik is a cigar smoker and have been to a few of our herfs.  Good guy.  Great restaurant.  That's just a few restaurants in and around the Delta.  Many others if you're willing to drive but IMO, why bother driving when there's some great places within walking distance.  Co-op's World of whiskey store is near there too and worth checking out. 

If the weather is nice, the pathway along the Bow River is a great place to enjoy a cigar.  Being a herfaholic I'm always down for a smoke or 2. 

• 2 weeks later...

Arrived back in Ontario late last night..was a fun, but busy week.

Best night was definitely Tuesday with the boys. @ToothlessCog was an excellent host! Conversation was easy, and the cigars were great! Was offered two fantastic farmies (best I've ever smoked) from @Cigarguy, who by the way, is another awesome brother! Absolutely appreciate the cigars and the ride back to the hotel.

Herf lasted until after 1am! Sure was a fun wake-up eh boys!

Again, can't thank the kind brothers enough for the hospitality, the cigars during the herf, and Ian left me a little hospitality going away gift! Much appreciated my friend.

As I said, if you are ever in Ontario, let me know, we'll do it again!

As for the food rec's, thank you very much gents! I enjoyed a New York Strip from Saltlik Tuesday night and a Filet Mignon from Smugglers Inn Thursday. Saltlik was great, right downtown, and had $24 doubles of Lagavulin. Smugglers Inn, with their soup/salad bar, and amazing atmosphere was also a great location. Little further away, but worth the trip!

Thanks again for the suggestions, and hospitality. Until next time ....

1 hour ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

Arrived back in Ontario late last night..was a fun, but busy week.

Best night was definitely Tuesday with the boys. @ToothlessCog was an excellent host! Conversation was easy, and the cigars were great! Was offered two fantastic farmies (best I've ever smoked) from @Cigarguy, who by the way, is another awesome brother! Absolutely appreciate the cigars and the ride back to the hotel.

Herf lasted until after 1am! Sure was a fun wake-up eh boys!

Again, can't thank the kind brothers for the hospitality, the cigars during the herf, and Ian left me a little hospitality going away gift! Much appreciated my friend.

As I said, if you are ever in Ontario, let me know, we'll do it again!

As for the food rec's, thank you very much gents! I enjoyed a New York Strip from Saltlik Tuesday night and a Filet Mignon from Smugglers Inn Thursday. Saltlik was great, right downtown, and had $24 doubles of Lagavulin. Smugglers Inn, with their soup/salad bar, and amazing atmosphere was also a great location. Little further away, but worth the trip!

Thanks again for the suggestions, and hospitality. Until next time ....

Glad we were all able to meet up. Great night indeed. Wednesday was pretty much a write off....😂