Perdomo lot 23 maduro robusto

A 5x50 maduro robusto. I love the look of this dart, large understated band and a rough/rustic look and  solid feel. The unlit aromas are milk chocolate goodness. It just looks tasty. DISCLAIMER: although I am sure it was a combination of things, this is only the second stick to knock me on my ass, ending me at the 1hour 2 minute mark, where I just couldn't take another puff, I wouldn't do this one on an empty stomach again lol. Otherwise I would have happily nubbed this one, which probably would have only been another 10 minutes anyway. It burned well, and I could go a couple minutes between puffs on the odd occasion I set it down ( to refill my coffee cup), it had a nice firm but plentiful draw,, lots of nice smoke. The initial light and retro was eye watering pepper, with a woody cocoa finish,mount this quickly subsided to a wonderful woodsy cocoa . At one point I did get a fruity note draw, but couldn't  find it again. Mostly it was mild cedar and sweet cocoa, and a sweet baking spice that I unfortunately can't put my finger on, there was also a roast coffee note that really came to life after a sip of the black gold. Not hugely transitional, but did provide lots of enjoyable puffs that were thick and mouth coating with a medium lasting finish of that sweet spice and cocoa. It didn't come across as particularly strong, but as mentioned, did kick my butt, I may have been inhaling more than typically as I really enjoyed the retro which really was a smoked wood cocoa. Although I would have loved to find more of the fruity notes to identify, I did really enjoy this dart, which certainly fell within one of my favourite flavour profiles and paired superbly with a dark roast coffee. The next one I haul on, will be after a dinner on a full stomach, as this is a great desert stick imho. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg