Men’s watch for max. $300 CAD

Burtess

Gents,

My daughter wants to get her boyfriend a watch for his birthday.  Her budget is $300 max.

I haven’t worn a watch in years and know nothing about them.  Any suggestions for a good make in the $200-300 price range?

Thx,

Burt

Timex Ironman 

for about 30 years ... the only watch I wore .

good if you dive ... indestructible (never had one even hiccup because of my abuse) ... get about 5 years out of the battery ... first one I bought was (about) 28$ and the last one I bought was 50$ or 60$ ... should be around 70$ or 80$ now.

interesting non related anecdote

on January 1st 2012 ... I retired ... first thing I did that morning was to throw my watch in the garbage ... have not worn one since 🤓

derrek

Seiko do make nice watches... I recently picked up a Seiko 5 online for under $100. Depending on what your daughter's boyfriend wants (or what SHE wants), there are many different styles and even brands that can be had for under $300... How he will wear it should also be a factor in choosing a watch.

• 8 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but for anyone still interested in a quality watch in the $300 range you cant go wrong with Phoibos. I picked one up for my birthday in June and have been wearing it since and i love it. Its a dive watch with a quartz Swiss movement and 316L stainless steel band, just assembled in China, and water resistant to 300m/100ft. But they take quality control and customer service seriously. I haven't had a single issue with mine since and it looks awesome. You can definitely call it a "poor mans Rolex" if you want, but it was absolutely worth it at its price point. I got it because I wanted a quality watch that I could take travelling and not worry about. The picture is the one that I have. 

2-1__45068.1525669911.jpg?c=2

I collect watches more on the higher end, but do have a few within that price range as well.  For under $300 I would suggest a nice fashion watch and would second Fossil as well.  Fossil skeleton watches are beautiful.  Google them and take a look.  I get tons of compliments on mine and it was below the $300 price threshold. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/16/2018 at 9:23 AM, Burtess said:

Gents,

My daughter wants to get her boyfriend a watch for his birthday.  Her budget is $300 max.

I haven’t worn a watch in years and know nothing about them.  Any suggestions for a good make in the $200-300 price range?

Thx,

Burt

How did the watch turn out?  What did she end up grabbing? 

These youngster types might like a smartwatch … I have the 46mm Galaxy Watch, it's kinda cool and I ain't a youngster.

I have also had good luck with Bulova, I believe my Marine Star master was around $300.00 when I bought it.

Ah … sorry just realized the ship may have sailed on this one lol.

How did the watch turn out?  What did she end up grabbing? 

I convinced her not to spend $300 on a watch for the dickhead boyfriend [emoji6]

She ended up getting him an Invicta which has been replaced twice since (for no charge) due to moisture infiltration [emoji2959]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...