Knives

vcool

7 hours ago, sappie66 said:

Haven't had it that long so it hasn't gone dull yet. But that's the trade-off. The longer it keeps an edge, the harder it is to sharpen. Not looking forward to it. emoji1.png

I ordered one in vg-10 steel. Around 70$. I've never used sharpening stones before, going to buy some soon so I didn't want anything to nasty to sharpen lol, my others knives are all cheaper 440 steels or along the same lines 

My spyderco came in the other day so I figured I'd post a pic. Nothing fancy but they do their job. I've decided to learn to hand sharpen so I bought the combo stone the other day. Was looking at buying a Norton combo but the guy at Lee Valley was pushing this one instead so I figured I'd give it a shot. My next additions will be a grohmann trout/bird knife and I'm looking at the outdoorsman pal, need something to clean some small brush in the woods 

20170205_093043.jpg

• 4 months later...

Thread revive! Lol

Apparently this is another weakness of mine haha. Here is my small edc folder collection...Spyderco Paramilitary 2, Benchmade Osborne 940-2, Chris Reeve Small Sebenza 21 Perception, and my little Xikar knife/cigar cutter. That Xikar is actually a well made little edc knife that also doubles as a decent cigar cutter. 

IMG_0557.JPG

IMG_0558.JPG

There are lefty versions available in the PM2 and Sebenza, although they are much harder to come by. The Sebenza would likely have to be special ordered in a lefty. I have definitely seen PM2 lefty versions for sale though. Actually the PM2 is available in a lefty at W&W right now.

Very nice knives, @BRAC Really dig the Sebenza. Love the milled grip. I tend to stick with the plain handles or the inlaid ones usually but I like that pattern. Pretty sure @Serie-T has the same Paramillie as you.. I got it for him through a friend at a discount over W&W.

I haven't bought a knife in ages... but seeing these has my wheels turning :D

2 hours ago, Breitling said:

Very nice knives, @BRAC Really dig the Sebenza. Love the milled grip. I tend to stick with the plain handles or the inlaid ones usually but I like that pattern. Pretty sure @Serie-T has the same Paramillie as you.. I got it for him through a friend at a discount over W&W.

I haven't bought a knife in ages... but seeing these has my wheels turning :D

Thanks! I got my Sebenza from a local dealer here in Edmonton. I was always planning on the plain handled version, but the dealer here only had this version of the small seb in stock. I went to see it because it was on sale and when I saw it in person...instant purchase! Looks so much better in person than it does in pics.

On 2017-07-03 at 2:11 PM, BRAC said:

This Sebenza really needs a little more attention though.....what a beauty!

The CGG milled titanium handle and stonewashed S35VN blade are both just gorgeous. Tolerances and fit and finish on Chris Reeve knives is amazing.

IMG_0559.JPG

IMG_0560.JPG

IMG_0561.JPG

IMG_0562.JPG

IMG_0563.JPG

Man, what a beauty! I also really like that milled handle.

• 2 weeks later...

Made the handle and sheath for this one. I used African Blackwood and curly maple with a few vulcanized fibre spacers. I bought the blade and it is the Helle Brakar. Made a few knives from other Helle blades. This one turned out the best. I don't really like how the sheath turned out. There is a wood insert inside it to protect the blade and It could of been a little less bulky. I may make another down the road for it when I find time. 

IMG_3576.JPG

Traded up my Small Sebenza 21 Perception posted above for a Large Sebenza 21 Insingo with micarta inlays today. I decided after some extended handling that the Perception was just a bit too small in my hand. The size and ergonomics on the Large Insingo are so much better now. Wise decision! It's hard to see the size difference without a side by side pic, but this one is significantly larger with a 3.625" blade vs the Perception with a 2.94" blade.
00a62db567f3da70f220c8dff5f0b36c.jpg
d622710c346fdf8c3d1d6d72a3777552.jpg
e6bf50b562777c13b20a018a2394108c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...