Bourbon Banter

70 Percent

I saw Blantons at the Sweetgrass Montana Duty Free shop for around $60CDN!

I am buying one for sure on my next trip.

It's only $64.50 at our provincial monopoly.

BTW, for all the ON brothers, the LCBO website lists this bourbon as "product discontinued" so it may be heading the way Four Roses has and disappear off the shelves.

What's the difference between these two?

attachicon.gifBLANTON.jpg

From the Blanton's website:

Special Reserve: 40% ABV

Created as an introductory edition to our full lineup, Blanton’s Special Reserve is ideal for those new to single barrel bourbons. A sweet taste profile with a floral nose and light undertones of vanilla and citrus make it perfect for a premium cocktail or served on the rocks. 40% alcohol by volume.

Original Single Barrel: 46.5% ABV

Taken from the center-cut or middle sections of the famous Warehouse H, Blanton’s Original was once designated for ambassadors, dignitaries, and Colonel Blanton’s family and friends. Today, everyone has access to the world’s first single barrel bourbon. The taste profile is sweet with citrus and oak. A creamy vanilla nose features hints of nuts, caramel, orange and light chocolate. Blanton’s Original set the standard for single barrel bourbons. Best served neat or on the rocks. 46.5% alcohol by volume.

Was at SAQ today during my lunch break to buy scotch. While i was there i saw a good friend of mine and we started talking. He was telling that he recently tried burbon and he liked it. I starded showing him the ones i've tried so far and saw this bottle. I've eard a lot of good comments about it so i bought it.

22968001916_f0aa150caf_c.jpgMaker's 46 by Sylvain Tetreault, on Flickr