Edmonton Weekend Camping Herf and Pig Roast

Steve31

Steve, what is the deal for those of us pitching a tent? I assume each tent is considered a unit, is that right?

So...$33 per night and then $195 per night for the group site split up between all of us.

Sorry for all these questions, I just want to make sure that I'm bringing enough cash to cover the site, scotch tasting, and BBQ! :lol:

Edit: Damn I forgot that the first 5 units are included haha. Oh well, I'll bring some extra cash just in case.

Just an idea for the scotch, why don't those who feel like scotch just bring a bottle or two.  The key is some coordination so that everybody don't bring the same bottle.  I'll bring a couple of bottles with me and anyone is welcome to it.  Hopefully something similar will happen with beers too.  The weather will be the biggest determinate of how much scotch I drink.  Hot weather is beer weather for me. But I'm a scotch newb. 

Again, just throwing an idea out there.  Hoping not to put too much responsibility and pressure of choosing the "right" scotch on 1 or 2 person.

My girlfriend Erin will be joining us as well now.

I'll book a foursome for Saturday afternoon at Coal Creek if anyone is interested in joining us.

Let me know if there is more interest and we will book 2 tee times back to back.

Count me in for golf!

Ok so here are some details, the campsite is Miquelon Lake Provincial Park Group Area 3, we have full power, flush toilets and a shelter. The cost was $195 a night which includes the first 5 units, the first 5 units have been paid by me, after that the additional units will have to pay at the campground $33 a night. Check-in time is 4 PM on Friday and Checkout is 2 PM on Sunday. I will try to be there by 4 PM on Friday, possibly earlier if they allow. The reservation is under Steven Schmidt.

Does anyone want to take care of organizing the scotch? Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge about it. Even some guidance for me would be good enough and I can do the buying.

In regards to the pig roast, it probably isn't a good idea to roast a pig for a small group so instead I am going to do a brisket and some pork butts which will probably be better anyways. I'll cook overnight Friday, will be $10-20 a person.

If anyone has any other ideas let me know, can't wait!

Also, anyone else in the area who doesn't want to camp, please feel free to stop in on Saturday and hangout for the day, Miquelon is less than an hour away from Edmonton.

Sounds great Steve, thanks for organizing this!

Hey Guys,

Just got informed by Rye about this, I am totally down to drive up from Calgary(iam part of the Calgary BOTL FB group). The wife and I and our dog will be coming up for Friday and Saturday night. will be bringing our trailer and would prefer a powered site.

@@Steve31 what do you need from me to book?

Hey Guys,

Just got informed by Rye about this, I am totally down to drive up from Calgary(iam part of the Calgary BOTL FB group). The wife and I and our dog will be coming up for Friday and Saturday night. will be bringing our trailer and would prefer a powered site.

@@Steve31 what do you need from me to book?

Nothing for now, I will just collect money at the campground.

Has anyone been to this site, or found any online pics? I'm trying to figure out what to bring as far as gear (hammock, tarps & rope, etc...) I haven't been out that way in decades so I can't remember what it's like.

Hey guys. My name is Colin Margerison. And I am with the Calgary crowd and one of the Admins from Canadian Cigar Enthusiasts. I live in Grande Prairie and am going to make the trip down. Just got word today that i will get the time off.

With that said I cant steal mom and dads truck and trailer as Dad just hit a moose this winter. If one of you guys have a couch or cot I can sleep on then that would be great. Otherwise tommorow i will go pick up a little 2 man tent.

I will be there for 10 or 11am friday morning.