What's in your glass?

the dirty sanchez

Talisker 10 is excellent! :)

Not that I'm an expert or anything...

It is indeed. If it werent so damn expensive here I'd have more. But at 75 bucks a pop there are better bang for the buck IMO. Still I just love all dram from Islay and the smaller islands and I rarely stray far off from them. I like a good High or low land (speyside and orcades) but there is something more about Islay, Skye and Jura IMO.

It is indeed. If it werent so damn expensive here I'd have more. But at 75 bucks a pop there are better bang for the buck IMO. Still I just love all dram from Islay and the smaller islands and I rarely stray far off from them. I like a good High or low land (speyside and orcades) but there is something more about Islay, Skye and Jura IMO.

Just curious.....what would you recommend as better bang for the buck?

Favorite Bourbons:

Blantons

Woodford Reserve

Knob Creek

Bookers

Bakers

And 5-6 others 

Scotch

Lagavulin hands down!!

Beer

Too many to name but typically IPA's

I do enjoy Arrogant Bastard but I don't think it's available here

Tequila

Damn - so many!!

Wine ....

Maybe I have a drinking problem!  B)

Just curious.....what would you recommend as better bang for the buck?

Depending where you are the answer would vary. For example here in Qc the Benromach peat smoke is a good value as well as the jura and the quater cask of Laprhaig and the Bruichladdich waves. (altough I live the talisker 10)

In Alberta the list would probably change and include a Bruichladdich 10 instead of the waves (probably in the same ranges if prices but the 10 is superior IMO). I do not know you guys get the peat smoke from Benromach but the Jura is probably even cheaper than here so I would tend to include it.

The easiest way would be for you to post a list with prices of you liquor store and it would be simpler I bet. Plus an idea of where your palate standswould also help make the suggestion. For example are you more into smoke bombs or you rather like the woody finishes ?

I hope I am clear ? Lol

Depending where you are the answer would vary. For example here in Qc the Benromach peat smoke is a good value as well as the jura and the quater cask of Laprhaig and the Bruichladdich waves. (altough I live the talisker 10)

In Alberta the list would probably change and include a Bruichladdich 10 instead of the waves (probably in the same ranges if prices but the 10 is superior IMO). I do not know you guys get the peat smoke from Benromach but the Jura is probably even cheaper than here so I would tend to include it.

The easiest way would be for you to post a list with prices of you liquor store and it would be simpler I bet. Plus an idea of where your palate standswould also help make the suggestion. For example are you more into smoke bombs or you rather like the woody finishes ?

I hope I am clear ? Lol

Just getting my feet wet actually and not really sure what I like yet. I have only sampled a handful different ones over the years, most of which I can't even remember. What I do know is that the Talisker 10 is the best I have tried so far, by a good margin.

Off the top of my head...a couple others I've sampled were the Dalmore Cigar Malt and Oban. Damn I wish I could remember some of the others... 

Well I can say you have a great baseline to figure out what you like.

I would try a jura next time or a Bruichladdich 10. The first will have a similar profile (altough less peaty) and the 10 will have a more oceanice/iodine side to it.

This probably does not make sense but this is how I would qualitfy them. loll

Well I can say you have a great baseline to figure out what you like.

I would try a jura next time or a Bruichladdich 10. The first will have a similar profile (altough less peaty) and the 10 will have a more oceanice/iodine side to it.

This probably does not make sense but this is how I would qualitfy them. loll

Forgot to mention that I also have a bottle of Ardbeg Uigeadail waiting in the wings that I have yet to crack. Very soon..... :)