NC week anybody? (Monday Aug 25 - Sunday Aug 31)

BRAC

I smoked this beautiful cigar tonight. The draw was abundant and in the first shot i could felt the toasted note. The first third was slowly and easy. In the second and end third, the stick got strong and the toasted notes was more intensive but balance with tobacco and earth. Thoose flavours still in my palate. Very good cigar.

post-795-0-94201100-1409283314_thumb.jpg

post-795-0-52958900-1409283336_thumb.jpg

post-795-0-06664900-1409283356_thumb.jpg

post-795-0-33741900-1409283378_thumb.jpg

post-795-0-48584700-1409283399_thumb.jpg

post-795-0-58754600-1409283420_thumb.jpg

post-795-0-65963600-1409283441_thumb.jpg

Day four, don't know if I am going to make the full week or not.

Don't have a large selection of NC's so revisiting the Azan Burgundy PC

66046bf2c525e128d2855da2b8699907.jpg

I love the consistency of both the wrapper colours and the construction.

Just a hint of gingerbread on the prelight and a little sweetness.

Nice white ash held on for about an inch.

Mild with very little change or development thru the finish.

I wanted to make sure that to participate in the NC week and I just got an email from my gallery letting me know that I pre-sold a painting from my upcoming exhibition, so I was happy to celebrate by enjoying this El Rey Mundo corona rectangulare in the back yard.  Draw was perfect, which I was happy about because I sometimes have problems with box pressed sticks.  It was nice and spicy, which I love.  The spice smoothed out into hardwood and clay tones which maintained the rest of the smoke.  Lovely.

That brings back memories.  I haven't had an ERDM rectangulaire in years but I remember it to be terrific in both wrappers.

OK, firstly it is unbelievable I have the self control to not be smoking a cc whilst being pelted by hurricane Cristobal. Just sayin.

So I chose a davidoff tubos no2 paired with a MCD this morning. Preflight draw is perfect with a nice hay and butter taste.post-6-140931847483_thumb.jpg

Once lit there's a big flash of that creamy butter but it settles into a more refined creamy hay. This cigar burned flawlessly and flavor never varied right to the nub. Al in all a nice morning cigar, as refined as everyone else says about these. Henke does know what he is doing. .post-6-140931868241_thumb.jpgpost-6-140931868998_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the offer Brian. I'm going to let them rest up longer and see what happens.

I'm sure they will come around for you. You know where to find me though.  ;)

Do they have the newer or older band (the bigger band with the extra line of gold), just curious as to how aged they may already be for you.

Yep. Correct me if I'm wrong Bruce, but I believe that big thick gold band was added. I have a few regular Short Stories left that don't have that extra bling. They are smoking incredibly.

Yes, I believe so.

CAO Sopranos Associate. This was a great cigar, really enjoyed it. Actually enjoyed it more than the Vegueros I had just before it. Surprised it didn't have any pepper to it, very smooth and nice bouquet of flavours. Not going to analyze this one. Also didn't have anywhere near the nicotine of Padron, so my head is just fine after this one.

post-366-0-62510100-1409353769_thumb.jpg

CroMag Aquitaine by RomaCraft.

Corona gorda vitola, loose draw and easy light.

Pepper and baking spice off the start developing into a ginger snaps cookie taste into the mid section. Finishing with toasted flavours and cinnamon in the final.

Wavy burn, but decent construction and a slow burn regardless of the loose draw.

A very nice cigar with a medium strength profile but a decent nic hit.

post-365-140935635623_thumb.jpg

Well I was looking forward to revisiting the Prensado corona gordo after a year or so in the humi.

Nice pre light draw and good touch of spice on the first third.

Then it went downhill. Lousy burn required several touchups and harsh flavours throughout.

Actually didn't finish it.

Not sure why it was so bad but this stick sure didn't live up to the hype.

Couldn't be bothered to take more pics.

[emoji107]

Well I was looking forward to revisiting the Prensado corona gordo after a year or so in the humi.

Nice pre light draw and good touch of spice on the first third.

Then it went downhill. Lousy burn required several touchups and harsh flavours throughout.

Actually didn't finish it.

Not sure why it was so bad but this stick sure didn't live up to the hype.

Couldn't be bothered to take more pics.

[emoji107]

attachicon.gif20140829_170412.jpg

Time and time again Alec just doesn't live up to hype it seems. Always a consistency issue. I would like to see him sort that out