Post your latest Cuban purchase

DrinkSmokeGolf

11 minutes ago, Fatso said:

Fridge-freezer-fridge is a good idea in order to avoid extreme changes to the cigar too quickly. What is the logic behind skipping the fridge steps @Bos?

Good question. My procedure is wrap, fridge (24hours), deep freeze (3 days), fridge (24 hours), countertop for a few hours to get to room temp (my house in winter is arount 68f), then unwrap and into the humi. (all the while salivating).

Oh I am aware of all the various methods for freezing cigars. I don't do any of it. Just curious as to the logic behind skipping the fridge part.

And yes, I have had cigars split on me while smoking both in very cold weather or in very humid weather.

19 minutes ago, Fatso said:

Oh I am aware of all the various methods for freezing cigars. I don't do any of it. Just curious as to the logic behind skipping the fridge part.

And yes, I have had cigars split on me while smoking both in very cold weather or in very humid weather.

I'll point out you said "while smoking",  clearly a different "dynamic" scenario. 

I can speak from experience that I've frozen many hundreds of cigars without issue. And the logic is efficiency, I'm lazy, why the extra steps if they're not needed? 

Does Habanos SA put their stock in a fridge before freezing? How about before they are put on a plane? 

Do shipped packages get put into a fridge for 24 hours before being put on a trailer in -30C weather? 

Do those who receive packages In the middle of winter, that has been outside all day, put them into the fridge for 24 hrs?

13 minutes ago, ToothlessCog said:

Does Habanos SA put their stock in a fridge before freezing? How about before they are put on a plane? 

Do shipped packages get put into a fridge for 24 hours before being put on a trailer in -30C weather? 

Do those who receive packages In the middle of winter, that has been outside all day, put them into the fridge for 24 hrs?

Good points!

4 hours ago, Fatso said:

Fridge-freezer-fridge is a good idea in order to avoid extreme changes to the cigar too quickly. What is the logic behind skipping the fridge steps @Bos?

LOL.. Thanks. I needed a laugh this morning.!!!!!!.

What is the logic behind adding the fridge steps @Fatso .?

BTW Ive frozen all my cigars. Never put 1 in the fridge.

Never had one split on me in there.?..... Never... 

Cheers....

1 hour ago, surreypuffer said:

LOL.. Thanks. I needed a laugh this morning.!!!!!!.

What is the logic behind adding the fridge steps @Fatso .?

BTW Ive frozen all my cigars. Never put 1 in the fridge.

Never had one split on me in there.?..... Never... 

Cheers....

Slow change in temperature is the logic. Not sure what I said that was funny...?

I can't figure out how he wasted three days there probably just going into the humidor for a rest period after that anyways  , Its just another step in the process of freezing to help prevent a beetle out break. Each to here own I freeze all of my cigars that go into my humidor no fridge time or warm up period after and never had a problem. at least were trying to prevent a costly out break.  

I can't figure out how he wasted three days there probably just going into the humidor for a rest period after that anyways  , Its just another step in the process of freezing to help prevent a beetle out break. Each to here own I freeze all of my cigars that go into my humidor no fridge time or warm up period after and never had a problem. at least were trying to prevent a costly out break.  
I think what he meant by that is that he refrigerated for a day then freezer for a day, then fridge for another day. 3 days wasted because he only froze for one day which is not long enough. So therefore, 3 wasted days.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Fatso said:

If you don't do any of it then why are you asking why I skip it?  I don't see the logic in your curiosity.  

3 hours ago, Fatso said:

Slow change in temperature is the logic. Not sure what I said that was funny...?

How slow does it need to be? Its not like people are putting them in the microwave to defrost. Bringing them to room temp before putting em in the quaratine humi is a safe bet. 

26 minutes ago, Nick_O said:

I think what he meant by that is that he refrigerated for a day then freezer for a day, then fridge for another day. 3 days wasted because he only froze for one day which is not long enough. So therefore, 3 wasted days.

Ding ding ding

[mention=1410]Nick_O[/mention] I Can’t answer question about single band, however I do have the same “duty” sticker on some 3 packs I have from b&m. They are from 07
They had one more pack, I should grab it as well.

2 minutes ago, Nick_O said:

They had one more pack, I should grab it as well.

Why not. Funny I did same thing, bought 3 pack partagas corona juniors when I went to try one I noticed how old the bands were. Asked around on here then went back bought box (5x3 packs) when opened the box it’s stamped in there 07. Oldest cigars I have anyways. 

I’m sure someone more experienced can inform you when they switched to dbl band.

116313E0-780C-47A3-A2EA-D82FE3738169.jpeg

9DF0E77D-206E-4F9E-B6EA-3AC03608E4B1.jpeg

58 minutes ago, Nick_O said:

Let's get this thread back on track.
I found these at a local B&M. Maybe one of you can help me out. When did HDM make a one band Eppy 2, and I don't recognize the duty paid sticker.
144b4a9b264ee9e37408cda3b7585dd3.jpg2df9d60a4694023eb088d581f9f01c70.jpgaf31dd93b80efef641483210b26c0ae0.jpg

Great score @Nick_O you can never have enough Epi 2. Especially 07s