What's on the menu??

Bos

With the summer winding down and the BBQ getting less use for some of us I figured we may as well get started and show off some culinary skills. Any meal of the day can be a great one & I know we have some great creations out there. PLUS being a bachelor I could use a few meal ideas to steal from everyone!

So I ask...What's on the menu?

With the summer winding down and the BBQ getting less use for some of us I figured we may as well get started and show off some culinary skills. Any meal of the day can be a great one & I know we have some great creations out there. PLUS being a bachelor I could use a few meal ideas to steal from everyone!

So I ask...What's on the menu?

Blasphemy! Why that idea is as ridiculous as that tie you're wearing...(+38 pts for anyone who gets that reference). We are Canadian, we grill year round, that is how I found out how I prefer my steak cooked rare. 

Blasphemy! Why that idea is as ridiculous as that tie you're wearing...(+38 pts for anyone who gets that reference). We are Canadian, we grill year round, that is how I found out how I prefer my steak cooked rare. 

Soooo then I guess we'll see you in the "what's on the BBQ" thread???

Soooo then I guess we'll see you in the "what's on the BBQ" thread???

When it comes to me and food, you will see me everywhere... :ph34r: I'll just double post everything.

I eat at least 5 times a day, but I'm sure nobody is interested in my cottage cheese and protein shake right now. That's what instagram is for.  :P

Steak frites last night with a red wine reduction. This may be my very favourite meal.

Sauce: Red wine, beef broth, carrots, celery, onion. Boil until reduced by half and then strain. Reduce further and add butter at end.

post-1-0-10888900-1378393726_thumb.jpg

Fries: There's a few keys to making good fries. First you need to soak them in cold water. This reduces starch and makes it easier to get a crispy fry. Second, dry them really well. Next, fry until half done. Remove, let cool and fry a 2nd time. These are good!

post-1-0-24838600-1378393725_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-71037700-1378393723_thumb.jpg

Steaks: I seared these in a cast iron skillet for about 3 mins a side. Nothing fancy here. Just some olive oil and butter in the pan. Season steaks with salt and pepper

post-1-0-53120800-1378393724_thumb.jpg

Ready to eat!

post-1-0-81944500-1378393722_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I cant cook very well at all. Unless its beef on a BBQ. Thats why I got married!!!

Meat + Fire = Man's survival for thousands of years. Why change that now?

My wife makes something I really like called "Greek Buns". Basically, its olives, purple onions, tomatoes, feta chesse all cut up and mixed with olive oil and oregano, then you take a Crusty Bun (has to be a crusty bun) and use a knife to cut out a portion making a bowl in the bun. Fill with the mix you just made and replace the top of the bun.

For even more deliciousness sprinkle some olive oil on top and bake the bun in the over for a few minutes first.

Enjoy! Easy to make and fairly quick.

• 2 weeks later...