Scotch talk

Louich

1 hour ago, Louich said:

Well played sir !

Necer had the 21 but I stll have to find a Bank I dont like/love. Very close to Bruichladdich in my heart.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Mmmm Bruichladdich! The original 10 yo is a classic and one of my fav's. 16 yo bourbon cask a close second, not to mention all the others😉

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:16 PM, Fatso said:

Ah! So you got it!! I must have called 2 minutes after you did...LOL

The difference in packaging is because the 12 cask strength is made in small batches. Tricam got batch 16 and you found batch 12. Springbank changed the look of their packaging sometime in between. Batch 14 I believe.  Enjoy it, it's a good'un!!

No sharpie, just a huge-ass sticker covering the original label! Blech!

I called at 9:31 Saturday morning!  I usually sleep in on Saturdays, but I was a good boy and didn't go out Friday, so I went to bed early and woke up early!  LOL!

Yeah, the sticker is a drag as well, but IMO still better than a black line.  Anyways, guess it's what in the bottle that counts.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Rummaging around for a Highland Park I found this guy tucked way at the back: an original Bruichladdich 'The Laddie' 10 year old. 

I've always been intrigued by the story told by one of the brand ambassadors that the warehouse guys 'mistakenly' pulled two twenty plus year old casks of peated whiskies for this first batch.....

20180818_180156.jpg