What's in your bowl?

Smokntaz

• 3 weeks later...

Working on a bowl of Penzance in a Savinelli 413. Don't know what it is but I Latakia and rainy days seem to go hand in hand for me.

Penzance.jpg

Nice.  When I did smoke latakia's, I agree, rainy days.  Weird..must remind us of some smoldering camp fire or something the morning after a bomb fire, when rain has doused it out..just my guess. 

I just finished a bowl of S.G. Navy Flake. What a delicious tobacco...but I just can't seem to master the flake. I've tried the three methods...fold n' stuff, rubbed out and 1/8" cube cut. Maybe it's just too humid these days and it isn't drying enough. Still...I love it, even if it needs 8 relights!

Flakes are hard to master. I let them dry out really good, to the point where you can pinch the flake and it falls apart. In time you will know by feel if it's dry enough. Having said that, some flakes do smoke better a little on the moist side. Simple right ;) <br /><br />

• 1 month later...

Any recommendations for a fuller flavour tobacco?  I must have a bad palate but everything I have tried borders on nearly flavourless.  Once in a while I will get a hint of something, but nowhere near what I experience from a medium-full cigar.

So far I have tried:

Frog Morton on the Town

Orlik Golden Sliced

Squadron Leader

Davidoff Flake Medallions

Now to be fair these are all mild-medium I think so maybe I just bought the wrong tobacco, but I wanted to start off with something tame and move on from there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

got a small jar of samuel gawith grouse moor from a local BOTL, who i think is on the site now. its good stuff. its got a creamy, kinda citrus thing going on the nose and then when you light it, its just lovely and mellow, would definitely dip for a tin.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been into pipes much as of late, but this morning I really felt like a bowl.  That turned into 2 bowls of the W.O Larsen Signature by the fire with 2 cups of French Vanilla Coffee.  Fabulous morning, slow burning.  My Sav is my favourite pipe.  Filtered pipe, long stem, Canadian billiard. 

IMG_8433_zpsa7e89247.jpg

• 4 weeks later...