What are you smoking right now? Part 2.

DrinkSmokeGolf

On 2/28/2023 at 1:43 PM, Chitmo said:

…but the new career hasn’t exactly been fruitful yet so I decided to treat myself to something from my stash of “special to me” sticks. Reyes is on of my top 3 smokes I think or at least it used to be when they were affordable. This is the only one I had left, probably won’t be getting more for the foreseeable future either.

Working in sales can definitely be a bitch at times.

Hang in there, my fellow brother.

Had to supplement my income a few years ago due to some nasty habits, that may or may not be linked to my recent departure from these forums. 😉

Ended up getting a gig at my local Leon’s.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, like they say.

Now, I am no salesman. Black and white. Call it like it is, kinda fellow.

One thing that I would always try to wrap my head around was...

How does someone go about selling something that they wouldn’t buy for themselves?

Let’s not forget, this was Leon’s for goodness sake.

Then came the realization that it was all about the hustle. Nothing more, nothing less. Quite simple, actually.

From that point forward, everyone that walk through those doors was a sucker and I was going to take advantage of every single one of them.

Bertha was going to be parking her fat ass into a brand new sofa, the moment I greeted her at the store entrance.

Fred was taking a floor lamp home for his beloved wife, whether she needed it or not.

There was no shame in my game.

If I had to tell a buck tooth girl that she had a nice grin, I would. Without hesitation.

ABC. Always Be Closing, right?

Let’s be honest, I wasn’t happy whoring myself out for sales. It wasn’t pretty at times.

Nothing a cold shower couldn’t wash off once I got home or so I figured. 

Anyhow, during our Don’t Pay A Cent Event, I was moving so much shit that I was eventually promoted to sales manager. No joke.

They even had my mug hanging in the store entrance enclosed in some cheap frame. 

Wife will still tease me about it occasionally. 🙄

She be jealous, that’s all.

42 minutes ago, Boss Hog said:

Had to supplement my income a few years ago due to some nasty habits, that may or may not be linked to my recent departure from these forums. 😉

How does someone go about selling something that they wouldn’t buy for themselves?

Then came the realization that it was all about the hustle. Nothing more, nothing less. Quite simple, actually.

From that point forward, everyone that walk through those doors was a sucker and I was going to take advantage of every single one of them.

Bertha was going to be parking her fat ass into a brand new sofa, the moment I greeted her at the store entrance.

Fred was taking a floor lamp home for his beloved wife, whether she needed it or not.

If I had to tell a buck tooth girl that she had a nice grin, I would. Without hesitation.

Let’s be honest, I wasn’t happy whoring myself out for sales. It wasn’t pretty at times.

Anyhow, during our Don’t Pay A Cent Event, I was moving so much shit that I was eventually promoted to sales manager. No joke.

They even had my mug hanging in the store entrance enclosed in some cheap frame. 

I'm sold, how much for a walk in Humidor Leon's sales guy? 

9 hours ago, Boss Hog said:

🧐 

20 hours ago, Boss Hog said:

Cigars are for closers.