Drew Estate Tabak Especial Belicosos Oscuro

5x54 v-cut with a smoke time of about 58 minutes. I picked this up on sale for $15.22 (regular$16.95) The dart sports a dark 400grit wrapper with a slight chocolate aroma, it looks wonderful. It is light in hand with a solid but light pack with some give but not squishy. The v-cut sport a wide open draw like a 4 barrel carb with the breather flipped, and the pre-light draw was of nauseating white waxed chocolate. So much so that it tainted my impression and I almost failed to light it up. (I have a serious predisposition against waxy milk chocolate and white chocolate in general. Light it however, I did. The foot smoked like a burn barrel full of newsprint, and the ash looked light and fluffy before turning yellow from the smoke. As I was blazing this in the ride, I didn't want to risk an ash drop but did hold out to almost the half way point before  knocking it off. It came off in a  solid chunk and seems like it might be a contender for an ash contest. The smoke on the draw was plenty but not thick. The tastes cruised through a mixture of nauseatingly sweet white chocolate (fortunately for only a couple of short bursts), to toasted oak, dark roast coffee and espresso, chocolate covered coffee beans and a couple times a hint of sweet cedar before returning to a lovely toasted oak. A good chunk of the stick gave the impression of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies in a quite pleasing way, no note of spice even on the mild smooth retro. The band came off without issue and I nubbed it, not ashing again till done. As the stick is infused with coffee there were no surprises there, the sweetness on occasion however was over the top for me.  At almost 17 bucks a stick I certainly don't think I would buy a box or 5er but I would probably pick up the odd single for those days when a horse of a different colour seems the calling. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg