Bourbon Banter

70 Percent

So I figured we should talk a little bit about another nectar of the Gods....Bourbon. And for the sake of space..we can also include Tennessee whisky.

A few reasonably priced bourbon(s) that I've enjoyed are:

Jim Beam: Black and also Devils Cut

Elijah Craig 12yr Old

Maker's 46

George Dickel #12

Four Roses Small Batch 90 proof

JD Single Barrel

Oh..I've included an excerpt from an article I read....a few handy alternative uses :lol:

…….……….…......................

Alternative Uses for Bourbon

Mouthwash:

Ethanol kills the bacteria that live in your mouth by denaturing their proteins and dissolving their lipids.

Local Anesthetic:

Interferes with neural signal transmission, slowing the function of your nervous system but can cause tissue damage due to its ability to break down cells, so it should not be poured on open wounds.

Cough Suppressant:

A hot toddy can help beat a cold. The vapor breaks up mucus and honey soothes the throat.

++++++++++++++++++

Thanks for listening guys...now me thinks a nightcap is in order...

Basil Hayden is pretty good stuff. Bottled at a higher proof I think. Lots of toffee and spice. A little water does it good.

Hope this helps

It helps, I have been waiting to pick a bootle up. cask proof I believe. If its like the Bookers then I usually put a bit of water in it but have and will enjoy it straight.