Full review is here: http://canadacigarforum.com/homev3/?p=2682

Brand Romeo y Julieta
Name Pirámides Añejados
Vitola Piramide
Country of Origin Cuba
Wrapper/Filler/Binder Cuban
Box Code unknown
Date Smoked April 17, 2015
Paired With Grey Monk Pinot Gris (great wine by the way)
Tasting Notes An enjoyable mild smoke.
Score 84

I managed to sneak in a smoke yesterday so I pulled a RyJ Anejados out my humidor. I grabbed a sampler of these recently as the full box price is a bit hefty.According to Habanos SA, the Añejados series has been aged between 5 and 8 years.

The wrapper is a slightly lighter shade of brown than you normally see on Cubans. There are some dark blotches present also. It’s a nice looking smoke. Unfortunately, this sample took a tumble off my desk and the wrapper cracked. It seems these smokes have brittle wrappers.

The first few draws are mild, but pleasant. The aroma is very nice on this cigar. I notice a slight tingle on my tongue on the finish.

There is also some spice present in this cigar. I taste muted notes of nutmeg & cinnamon.

Unfortunately, the wrapper kind of explodes on me but it burns without issue. No relights or touch-ups are required throughout.

Nothing much changes in the first 2/3rds of this cigar. The muted spice profile remains consistent with a slight tingle on the finish. There is very little strength present in this cigar as I feel no nicotine kick whatsoever. The body is on the mild side. As I get to the last 1/3 the body does thankfully creep closer to medium.

Overall, an enjoyable mild smoke but it did lack some complexity & body.

post-1-0-89022600-1429381893_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-22642600-1429381895_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-37935300-1429381896_thumb.jpg