Golf

DrinkSmokeGolf

So with the golf season rapidly approaching has anyone bought any great new gear ?  I have been eyeing up new irons , but  don't think its going to fit the budget so I settled for a new fairway wood.  A Callaway Diablo 3 wood.  Hits great and will hopefully fill a glaring hole in my game.

I changed all my fairway woods last year to Exotics, awesome clubs, so underrated. The 4 wood is a must in an xcg4 or xcg3

Replaced my Titleist 910D2 with a Taylormade R1 for this season. I was very impressed with this driver and got it during the boxing week deals.

Other then that no other changes.....but a new set of irons is in order in the near future for me as well.

But, my golf season is not quite so rapidly approaching as you guys in BC, that is for sure. Only the indoor driving range for me for quite a while yet.

Replaced my Titleist 910D2 with a Taylormade R1 for this season. I was very impressed with this driver and got it during the boxing week deals.

Other then that no other changes.....but a new set of irons is in order in the near future for me as well.

But, my golf season is not quite so rapidly approaching as you guys in BC, that is for sure. Only the indoor driving range for me for quite a while yet.

Had the D2 also and switched to the rocketballz. Hit the D2 we'll but couldn't get over the muted sound when the ball left the face. Always been a taylormade fan but it's hard to keep up with all their lines

I got the R1 last year - great driver. New irons for me this year is a must. Not playing much these days and need something more forgiving. Ping G25s look pretty nice. Currently hitting Mizuno MP 56's.

• 2 weeks later...

always been a Cleveland fan.  Went to a Vokey a few years back and just not quite the same.  Way more consistent with my 588 Cleveland. 

I have a Titliest D2 in a 9.5 that is going up for sale this year as I just got a super deal on a TM RBZ :)  looking forward to the upcoming season.

always been a Cleveland fan.  Went to a Vokey a few years back and just not quite the same.  Way more consistent with my 588 Cleveland. 

I have a Titliest D2 in a 9.5 that is going up for sale this year as I just got a super deal on a TM RBZ :)  looking forward to the upcoming season.

I love the feel of the Vokey but cant justify paying that much for a wedge lol.

Which courses do you usually play at quickme?

I play a lot at Ballantrae ( Not MAPLES OF BALLANTRAE.  Hate that course)  cuz its close to my house.  Watson's glenn, St. Andrews, most courses in the east.  Never been a fan of the west end courses just because of the price and the traffic.  I'm an early riser for golf ( usually 6:00AM tee times).  I love being the first one out so I have the rest of the day to enjoy with the family. 

When the season starts we should hook up for a round JustinCNS

Always liked my Cleveland wedges, but now I love my Titleist Vokeys, there's no going back for me.

From what I've seen from some regular playing partners you're going to love that RBZ. I don't want to hype it too much but I saw some serious improvement off the tee from some of the guys. The fairway woods are pretty amazing as well from what I've heard, might want to start planning to add the matching 3 wood.

Right now I am trying to nail down some wedges.  using a Nike VR , an older Wilson and a Founders club (Golftown brand) , but recently hefted the Cleveland C16.  Think it was C16.  My Adams PW is awesome. I want something that feels that good to me. Vokeys are pricey so I have avoided them.  Its a pretty key group of clubs and the right choice makes a huge difference.  I have to make time to hit more of them.  Thinking 52 and 56.  Maybe leave the 60 for the pros.

Can hardly wait to see what Dubuisson brings next time. That was some exciting golf.

Always liked my Cleveland wedges, but now I love my Titleist Vokeys, there's no going back for me.

From what I've seen from some regular playing partners you're going to love that RBZ. I don't want to hype it too much but I saw some serious improvement off the tee from some of the guys. The fairway woods are pretty amazing as well from what I've heard, might want to start planning to add the matching 3 wood.

thread jack... Did you know Bob vokey is a newfie? He is from Spaniards bay and comes back to visit every couple years.

thread jack... Did you know Bob vokey is a newfie? He is from Spaniards bay and comes back to visit every couple years.

I did not know that.....it's funny because I've often joked about how Vokey is a common Newfoundland name and that I use Newfoundland clubs.

Who knew I was actually telling the truth.......now I like them even more.