Golf

DrinkSmokeGolf

I think I just see your buddy through the trees. Or maybe its just cause that's the part of the golf course I'm familiar with I put people there! I golf too, I'm around a 15 handicap (didn;t get out much with a second child in August last year). First round is this Friday at Bear Creek (Barrie), should be interesting only been out twice to hit leading up. Good thing nobody expects much from me!

:lol::lol::lol:

i haven't played in a couple years but with my new job in the yukon we have a golf course 5 mins away from the house, I am bringing my clubs up with me next trip up.. I am horrible but hope to improve my gamee over the summer

• 4 weeks later...

I used to play to a single digit handicap as a junior.. A long time ago...

Now I snap hook and push fade every other swing, every now and again I can shoot a good nine but....

C'est la vie. It's about relaxing now as I get older.

BTW I love the club house at swan-e -set

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

im a golf pro by job. so i guess i say i love the game, havent been playing as much as i like, but this spring im going to get back into again. im currently playing all nike equipment, but ill be switching to taylormade hopfully this season. glad theres a golf sub fourm, id be happy to help any BOTL is some tips lol :) (i work for cigars :))

• 3 weeks later...

I used to play tons as a kid but started playing less and less and my game got worse and worse (go figure). Didnt play a single round in the last two years but that will all change this year. Now that Im into cigars I feel like I need to get back on the course just to have another reason and place to smoke cigars hahaha

I love the game.  I'm not a single digit handicapper, but I make the effort to improve my game.  Right now, I am enrolled in a Winter indoor facility.  Working on my swing mechanics.   Every year, my friend and I make the effort to play a bunch of public courses that appear on the ScoreGolf top 100.  I would say I have at least 15 courses under my belt (I got a long way to go). 

I love to play, and hoping to increase my playing/practice this year......I played four of the courses on Desert Mountain (AZ) this past November......it was awsome but really exposed the weaknesses in my game. Here's a shout out to Hunter and Leatherman....how about some golfin' and herfin' this summer!?

P.S. while on the subject, just had to brag on my old man for a minute (he's 93).....he has shot his age 3 times! Twice in his seventies, once in his eighties.

I love to play, and hoping to increase my playing/practice this year......I played four of the courses on Desert Mountain (AZ) this past November......it was awsome but really exposed the weaknesses in my game. Here's a shout out to Hunter and Leatherman....how about some golfin' and herfin' this summer!?

P.S. while on the subject, just had to brag on my old man for a minute (he's 93).....he has shot his age 3 times! Twice in his seventies, once in his eighties.

Absolutely!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe,

Okay so I've never swung a club in my life but enjoy a round or two of whatever the latest installment of Tiger Woods on PS3, lol. My retiree parents seem to spend a fair amount of time spanking it around and I enjoy watching it with my dad on tv. I suppose I'll have to try it some time.....

Cheers,

EZTRGT

Kyle

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Love golf myself, definitely not a 9 handicap like OP but I can shoot high 80's on a good day!! A good day usually consists on the Sunday after playing Friday and Saturday lol.

On a side note, does anyone know when Golftown has their annual re-gripping event?  Definitely need some new grip, might go with the soft grips this time around.

On a side note, does anyone know when Golftown has their annual re-gripping event?  Definitely need some new grip, might go with the soft grips this time around.

It's already started AFAIK, you can head in right now and get the half price deals, though this year they've bumped up the installation to $2 per club.

• 3 weeks later...

So with the golf season rapidly approaching has anyone bought any great new gear ?  I have been eyeing up new irons , but  don't think its going to fit the budget so I settled for a new fairway wood.  A Callaway Diablo 3 wood.  Hits great and will hopefully fill a glaring hole in my game.