Booked Pullman Resort in Cayo Coco

HakkaDog

Just booked my flight for next month with the family.  Last time I went was back in 2018.  I got my haul back then from the duty free from the cigar shop at the airport.  I heard Pullman has a cigar shop. Would anyone who stayed there recommend purchasing boxes from the resort?

I remember the airport shop had on Partagas and Bolivar when I last went. As it's been such a long time, I noticed YUL pricing has not been updated since 2021.  Anyone in general stayed at this resort? Your thoughts on whether it was good or not? Thanks everyone. 

Stayed at Pullman last year, decent hotel, but Cuba changed after Covid, better lower your expectations.

Cigars wise, Pulllman store is now LCDH, stock is quite low and it's hard to find big ring cigars. Tania and Diana work in the shop, they save tons of cigars for the people they know, so it is worth to become friendly with them. I was under impression that we are friends, but they don't respond to my messages.

The other LCDH is in Muthu Colonial. Adailis and Fernando work there and are quite friendly. Send me your wish list and I'll ask them what they have.

Also, heard that Melia (next to Pullman) has a good cigar shop, but haven't confirmed that.

Airport shop has good stock of expensive cigars, if that's what you're looking for.

Shot me a PM if you have any questions.

1 hour ago, mcicvara said:

Stayed at Pullman last year, decent hotel, but Cuba changed after Covid, better lower you expectations.

Cigars wise, Pulllman store is now LCDH, stock is quite low and it's hard to find big ring cigars. Tania and Diana work in the shop, they save tons of cigars for the people they know, so it is worth to become friendly with them. I was under impression that we are friends, but they don't respond to my messages.

The other LCDH is in Muthu Colonial. Adailis and Fernando work there and are quite friendly. Send me your wish list and I'll ask them what they have.

Also, heard that Melia (next to Pullman) has a good cigar shop, but haven't confirmed that.

Airport shop has good stock of expensive cigars, if that's what you're looking for.

Shot me a PM if you have any questions.

I feel like I need to hire you for marketing after reading this. 😂 

Thank you so much for the informative response.  The reviews have been so mixed with the resort, you have people giving 1 stars on Trip advisor, yet someone who was there the same time gave 5 stars.  Either way, this is first time I'm going back with my family.  Prior it was always my wife and I, but now I have a 2 year old daughter, so definitely looking forward to it.  Thank you again, I'll contact you closer to the time in May when I go. 

I still don't know what I want lol.  Since COVID, I haven't been smoking much.  All my cigars have been sitting in my humidor, since COVID started, and after the birth of my daughter, I started to exercise and got back into my old shape.  So this seems to be the best time to light up my first cigar in 3 years.  I figured I'll get at least 2 boxes or more when I'm down there.  

Any updates regarding the yul pricing? Or is 2021 is the only point of reference? 

When I was at Cayo Coco in 2018, the airport store had very poor stock.  Mainly only Partagas and Bolivar only.  No Monte, Trinidad, Hoya or Diplomatico.  Hopefully it's different this time.  Anyone been there recently can attest to the airport shop pricing being on point with Yul? This is just incase I'm unable to go to any shops outside the resort, and I have to get my stock from the airport. 

I've posted latest Cuban prices here:

Go to the last entry to see the Excel file.

Quite a change from YUL list, be sure you're sitting down. 2 price increases this year alone.

If these prices place most of CCs out of your price range, opt out for custom rolls, more affordable and still great cigars. 2 great torcedors on the island, PM for details if you want to try them.