Greetings From a Newbie

ladderman

Hello everyone, thanks for accepting me as a member here. I'm a recently turned 50y/o and I'm beginning to get hooked on cigars.

I've always had fun having a cigar with the guys at work once in a while and while on vacation in the Dominican last year, I became more of a regular.

I don't really have a very sophisticated palate and to be honest, I don't really taste the flavor notes that I read in reviews. I just try different cigars and either like them or not. 

I haven't bought any really, really expensive cigars but find that I like the Cameroon wrapped Arturo Fuentes and Oliva Gs. I also enjoy the Montecristo 4s.

We're vacationing in Cuba in a couple of weeks and although I understand the prices are up, I hope to bring a box of something home (any suggestions are appreciated).

I'm already learning lots here and thanks again.

10 hours ago, Bacchus said:

Welcome aboard Ladderman!

Just to add to what has been said already by the BOTL's, be sure to get/keep your bill of sales (factura) , otherwise, the Cuban Customs will GLADLY confiscate your cigars...

Great tip, thanks, I'll make sure I have that.

I forgot to add on my intro, I'm from Ontario, about an hour north of Toronto.